The Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC) works to make sure the UK has secure, clean, affordable energy supplies and promote international action to mitigate climate change.
We are responsible for:
- energy security
- action on climate change –
- renewable energy
- supporting growth
- managing the UK’s energy legacy safely, securely and cost effectively
Our priorities are:
- supporting investment in the UK’s energy infrastructure – including through the Energy Bill, which will set in place the framework to bring forward the £110 billion needed in our electricity infrastructure over the next decade
- supporting consumers and keeping energy bills down
- promoting action in the EU and internationally to maintain energy security and mitigate dangerous climate change as we chart the way towards a global deal on climate change in 2015
For more information please contact Megan Cooper at DECC.